In this Section
Our priority is to support families and friends who have lost a relative through fatal domestic abuse. In this section we go into a little more detail about the range of support we can offer.
If you have lost a member of your family or a friend through fatal domestic abuse, we are here to support you in any way we can.
Some of the ways that we can help include:
- Listening to your story. Our advocates are experts and have also lost family to domestic homicide or have experienced domestic abuse themselves. Sharing your story with someone who has a good understanding of what the victim was going through and what you as a family are experiencing can be helpful.
- Providing information, support, guidance, advice (including some free legal advice) and advocacy on Domestic Homicide Reviews, Mental Health Reviews, Inquests, Independent Office of Police Conduct inquiries and other types of Inquiries.
- Supporting you for meetings with agencies such as Health, Police and Local Authorities, as well as sometimes with employers and local authorities.
- Giving you practical help on a wide range of issues that you may be facing - including help with letter writing or advocating with employers and local authorities on your behalf.
- Supporting you to document and summarise your story to make it as influential as possible. This can help to raise awareness of domestic abuse, prevent further instances of abuse and assist in the training of police officers and other professionals.
- Inviting you to take part in peer support events such as the Hear Our Voice weekend and our on-line peer support Zoom sessions where you can speak with others who have experienced similiar to you.
When we don't have the expertise to support you on a specific matter, we will strive to put you in touch with someone that can help. We are connected to an extensive network of professionals who can provide advice and sometimes assistance on a whole range of matters.
Keep in touch
Sign up to our mailing list and hear about events and initiatives for families bereaved by fatal domestic abuse
Our Amazing Funders
Supported by Esmee Fairbairn Foundation
Supported by OPCC Norfolk
Supported by OPCC Dyfed-Powys
Supported by OPCC Humberside
Supported by OPCC South Wales
Supported by OPCC North Wales
Supported by OPCC Avon & Somerset
Supported by OPCC Surrey
Supported by OPCC Derbyshire
Supported by OPCC Kent
Supported by OPCC West Midlands
Supported by OPCC Thames Valley
Supported by OPCC West Yorkshire
Supported by Greater Manchester Combined Authority
Supported by The National Lottery Community Fund