Home based working with extensive travel in UK
Salary £37,500 per annum. Permanent position.
An exciting opportunity to join a small but growing charity which has very significant influence on the national agenda particularly as regards reviews after domestic homicide and specialist peer support.
AAFDA both supports families after domestic homicide and helps agencies to deliver better services for victims of domestic abuse including statutory reviews. One of its prime objectives is to ensure the voices of victims are heard and heeded.
Reporting to the CEO, this individual will lead the development and delivery of operational services ensuring they are shaped to benefit families and victims of domestic violence and domestic homicide. This position calls for a strong people manager with the ability to support and nurture caseworkers to carry out their work including the need for monitoring and evaluation requirements.
You will be working closely with the CEO, to contribute to the strategic governance and development of the organisation and will be expected to deputise for the CEO, as required.
Knowledge and Experience
- Enhanced understanding of domestic abuse. Some knowledge of statutory reviews after domestic homicide.
- Three years’ line management experience and some project management experience
- Experience of financial and budget management
- Ability to think strategically and to have negotiation and relationship building skills
- Ability to motivate and inspire caseworkers, volunteers and stakeholders
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- A non-judgmental, open minded and empathetic approach when working with families
- Experience of monitoring service quality and performance management
- Good organisational and IT skills with the ability to be administratively self-servicing
- Ability to work as part of a team yet be self-motivated
An application form, full job description, person specification and equalities monitoring form can be requested from Completed applications should be returned to
Closing date for applications 10a.m. Tuesday 25 July.