AAFDA offers training for statutory and voluntary professionals on:
- Increasing awareness of domestic abuse
- Preventing domestic abuse
- Working with families
- Domestic Homicide Reviews (see below).
We offer expert training on conducting and chairing Domestic Homicide Reviews. AAFDA’s CEO is a Home Office appointed reader of Domestic Homicide Reviews and a Home Office accredited Chair. He sits on the national panel that quality assures all reviews.
The training will:
- Deal with the grey areas and be highly interactive.
- Link to real cases and will include input from a family member who recently completed the Domestic Homicide Review journey.
- Cover the process including by quality assuring published reviews.
- Share best practice particularly around working with families.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Home Office comment on AAFDA training:
“AAFDA bring a wealth of expertise and experience to the Domestic Homicide Review process, and I welcome their commitment to training chairs and commissioners of reviews to help promote and embed good practice.”
Christian Papaleontiou, Home Office, Chair of National DHR QA Panel.